Positions Vacant at Custom Eyecare Newcastle
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated person to join our dedicated and caring team as an Optical Dispenser in a casual capacity.
Enjoy a diverse role with direct customer contact with excellent salary and benefits. Free on-site secure parking is also provided.
Key Accountability Areas & Related Responsibilities:
- Certificate IV in Optical Dispensing and optical industry experience is preferred but not mandatory
- Be able to use your optical experience and knowledge to communicate clearly with patients and visitors in a bright, friendly manner and promptly attend to their needs
- Willing to keep up-to-date with product knowledge and fashions (e.g. frames, sunglasses, contact lens and accessories) to assist in meeting patient needs/desires
- Be able to maintain up-to-date understanding of Medicare and HICAPS that applies to appointments and services provided and for invoice preparation
- Have experience with, or be willing to be trained, in standard optical workshop procedures
- Maintain a tidy practice environment and assist with enhancing the overall patient experience
- Position is for Saturdays 8:45am – 1pm with the possibility of adding an extra day during the week in the future.
We would love to hear from you if you are highly self-motivated and energetic with great people and customer service skills.
About Working With Us
We choose to employ people who are genuinely interested in helping others. We don’t necessarily require you to have a “sales” background – for new employees we value a great personality and experience in fields such as personal services, health, technical/scientific, or even childcare.
If you’re excited by sales targets, KPIs, bonuses, upselling, and climbing the corporate ladder, you mightn’t fit in here. But if you’d like to work in a friendly independent practice environment where you can actually get to know our regular patients & clients, and further your career while working with experienced optometrists and optical dispensers, you’ve found it. Custom EyeCare was even once described as a “heaven practice” by one of our visiting final year students!
Our employees enjoy:
- secure, under-cover on-site parking – no parking fees or tickets (subject to availability)
- free espresso coffee from our on-site coffee machine
- on-site shower – great for morning beach walks or gym before work!
- secure indoor bicycle parking
- learn new skills such as patient pretesting and contact lenses, visual fields, and even corneal topography
- in-service training seminars in Sydney and elsewhere
- workplace giving program – we’ll match your personal charity donations dollar-for-dollar
- no Sunday or Public Holiday work
- no pressure of sales commissions or sales based incentives
- great location among Darby Street’s cafes, and 5 minutes from harbour & beaches
- generous discounts on your own quality eyewear
- friendly clients who appreciate what we do 🙂
We’re always happy to consider hosting high school work experience students in the practice, whether it’s optometry, optical dispensing or practice admin you’re interested in. Also, current optometry students are invited to enquire about doing university clinical placements and training with us. We do regularly host and train optometry students from Australian universities, including the University of NSW in Sydney, and Flinders University in Adelaide.
For more information on optometry as a career: http://www.optometry.unsw.edu.au/
For more information on optical dispensing as a career: http://www.oten.edu.au/ and search courses for ‘optical dispensing’