Positions Vacant at Custom Eyecare Newcastle:
We don’t have any positions vacant right now, but we’re always interested to hear from quality people with good qualifications and/or experience, because you never know what our future needs might be.
Dec 2018: We’re currently on the lookout for an experienced optical dispenser, to replace a long-term employee who has taken a wholesale optical industry position. See our seek job ad to find out more.
About Working With Us:
We choose to employ people who are genuinely interested in helping others. We don’t necessarily require you to have a “sales” background – for new employees we value a great personality and experience in fields such as personal services, health, technical/scientific, or even childcare.
If you’re excited by sales targets, KPIs, bonuses, upselling, and climbing the corporate ladder, you mightn’t fit in here. But if you’d like to work in a friendly independent practice environment where you can actually get to know our regular patients & clients, and further your career while working with experienced optometrists and optical dispensers, you’ve found it. Custom EyeCare was even once described as a “heaven practice” by one of our visiting final year students!
Our employees enjoy:
- secure, under-cover on-site parking – no parking fees or tickets (subject to availability)
- free espresso coffee from our fancy coffee machine
- on-site shower – great for morning beach walks or gym before work!
- secure indoor bicycle parking
- learn new skills such as patient pretesting and contact lenses, visual fields, and even corneal topography
- in-service training seminars in Sydney and elsewhere
- workplace giving program – we’ll match your personal charity donations dollar-for-dollar
- no Sunday or Public Holiday work
- no pressure of sales commissions or sales based incentives
- great location among Darby Street’s cafes, and 5 minutes from harbour & beaches
- generous discounts on your own quality eyewear
- friendly clients who appreciate what we do 🙂
We’re always happy to consider hosting high school work experience students in the practice, whether it’s optometry, optical dispensing or practice admin you’re interested in. Also, current optometry students are invited to enquire about doing university clinical placements and training with us. We do regularly host and train optometry students from Australian universities, including the University of NSW in Sydney, and Flinders University in Adelaide.
For more information on optometry as a career: http://www.optometry.unsw.edu.au/
For more information on optical dispensing as a career: http://www.oten.edu.au/ and search courses for ‘optical dispensing’