CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 ADVICE TO ALL OUR PATIENTS:
We’ve always considered our practice to be neat and clean. In fact we pride ourselves on it. A lot of the sanitising we do happens behind the scenes, and before and after each consultation.
Due to current health concerns please don’t be surprised to see more of this cleaning occurring whilst you are visiting us. We have hand sanitiser gel at the front desk and we invite everyone arriving into the practice to use this. We’ve removed magazines and children’s books & toys from our waiting areas.
If you’re on the frontline of the community fight against COVID-19 and need help in a hurry, let us know. We can prioritise glasses orders for healthcare and other essential services workers if you ask.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
Besides the recommendation of regular hand washing, we are asking if you have a fever or flu-like symptoms, or recent international travel, to please let us know, and to postpone your appointment. We kindly ask that you limit your support person to one, and avoid bringing extra family members to your appointment unless necessary.
We are still here to look after you; and the patients who visit us in the interim, as well as our staff, appreciate your thoughtfulness.
Custom Eyecare (formerly Marketown Optical) is a locally owned and operated Newcastle optometrist practice, first established in December 1999, and now located at 158 Darby St, Newcastle (with dedicated off-street parking at our front door).
Our highly experienced, Australian-trained optometrists are respected members of the optometry profession, who regularly lecture to colleagues & other health professionals, and supervise student optometrists on clinical placement training from universities. Patients are often referred to us from other optometrists, eye surgeons and GPs.
We pride ourselves on the personal & customised services we offer you.
At Custom Eyecare:
You are given the time to ensure you have a comprehensive eye health examination
- Whether you come to us for behavioural optometry, custom contact lens fitting, or your routine eye test we take the time to understand your visual needs and tailor a solution especially for you.
- You’ll experience a thorough examination by friendly optometrists using the latest equipment technology, along with our expert interpretation, explanation, and advice.
Access the latest in spectacle lens design and contact lens technology
- We use only high quality lenses in your new glasses – there is a difference between cheap lenses and good lenses.
- We offer the latest contact lens technology, including specialty contact lens fitting for keratoconus and eye disease.
- We are also one of the only Newcastle optometrists to offer orthokeratology – did you know you can correct your vision while you sleep with special overnight corneal lenses (“moulds”) and enjoy natural clear vision all day without glasses, daytime contact lenses or the risks of laser eye surgery? Click here for more information on orthoK.
Our optical dispensing team are fashion gurus with years of strong experience helping people choose glasses
- The helpful and honest service you receive from our optical dispensers will guarantee you look great in your new glasses! Attention to detail, quality control, and our full warranty service ensures your glasses meet your needs. Come in and check out our vast hand-selected range of fashion frames and sunglasses, chosen to suit you!
We listen because we want you to be happy
- We’re a locally owned practice, which means you can actually interact with the owners of the business – who want you to be happy!
- Our vision: “We provide every client with such a great experience that they rave about it to their family and friends, and can’t wait to come back.”
Contact us to arrange your comprehensive eye & vision check.