Custom Eyecare (formerly Marketown Optical) is a locally owned and operated Newcastle optometrist practice, established in 1999. We are located at 158 Darby St, Newcastle. We pride ourselves on the personal & individual services we offer you.
Our highly experienced optometrists are respected members of the optometric community and regularly lecture to colleagues & other health professionals, and supervise student optometrists. We see patients referred to us by other optometrists, eye surgeons and GPs. Dom Willson, Heidi Hunter and Jackie Prentice have a combined 53 years experience. Our guarantee to you is that your eye test will be the best that you’ve had.
NEWS: We’re all going down to Sydney for a professional development day in the city this Wednesday the 10th of February, so the practice will be closed for the day.
If you need to place an order, make an appointment, or collect glasses or contact lenses, please make sure you do it either before or after Wednesday.
Don’t forget you can always contact us via the “contact” page of our website – we’ll receive the message later and then reply to you.
We’re back on deck again at 9.00am Thursday morning!
At Custom Eyecare:
You are given the time to ensure you have a comprehensive eye health examination
- Whether you come to us for behavioural optometry, custom contact lens fitting, or your routine eye test we take the time to understand your visual needs and tailor a solution especially for you.
- You’ll experience a thorough examination by friendly optometrists using the latest equipment technology, along with our expert interpretation.
Access the latest in spectacle lens design and contact lens technology
- We use high quality Nikon lenses in your new glasses – there is a difference between cheap lenses and good lenses.
- We offer the latest contact lens technology, including specialty contact lens fitting for keratoconus and eye disease.
- We are also one of the only Newcastle optometrists to offer Orthokeratology – did you know you can correct your vision while you sleep with special overnight corneal lenses (moulds) and enjoy natural clear vision all day without glasses, daytime contact lenses or the risks of laser eye surgery?
Our optical dispensing team are fashion gurus with over 70 years collective experience helping people choose glasses
- The helpful and honest service you receive from our qualified & licensed optical dispensers will guarantee you look great in your new glasses! Attention to detail, quality control, and our full warranty service ensures your glasses meet your needs. Come in and check out our vast hand-selected range of fashion frames and sunglasses, chosen to suit you!
We listen because we want you to be happy
- We’re a locally owned practice, which means you can actually interact with the owners of the business – who want you to be happy!
- Our vision: “We provide every client with such a great experience that they rave about it to their family and friends, and can’t wait to come back.”